Name of the organization
Federal Agency for Civic Education
(Bundeszentrale für Politische Bildung, „bpb“)
Federal Agency for Civic Education , Bonn & Berlin
The Federal Agency for Civic Education is a federal public authority providing citizenship education and information on political issues for all people in Germany.
The work done by the bpb centres on promoting awareness for democracy and participation in politics.
The broad range of educational activities provided by the bpb is designed to motivate people and enable them to give critical thought to political and social issues and play an active part in political life. Considering Germany's experience with various forms of dictatorial rule down through its history, the Federal Republic of Germany bears a unique responsibility for firmly anchoring values such as democracy, pluralism and tolerance in people's minds.
- Activities and Services for Professionals Involved in Citizenship Education
- Citizenship Education for Schools
- Projects for Journalists
- Projects for Adolescents with Low Political Affinity
- Citizenship Education for Younger Children
- Film Literacy & Media Pedagogy
- Social Media Activities
- Remembrance: Learning from History
- Fighting Extremism