Name of the organization
German Congress on Crime Prevention (GCOCP)
Der Deutsche Präventionstag (DPT)
Executive director: Erich Marks
The German Congress on Crime Prevention – GCOCP is on the one hand the 1995 founded and meanwhile world’s largest annual conference on the topic of crime prevention and related prevention areas. On the other hand the GCOCP forms with its Institute for Applied Prevention Research (DPT-i) and other key activities a platform for information, knowledge transfer and an interdisciplinary dialogue between prevention practice, prevention research and prevention policies.
The aim of the German Congress on Crime Prevention is to present and strengthen crime prevention within a broad societal framework. Thus it contributes to crime reduction as well as reducing both the fear of crime, and the number of victims of crime.
- Presenting and exchanging current and basic questions of crime prevention and its effectiveness
- Bringing together partners within the field of crime prevention
- Functioning as a forum for the practice of crime prevention and for fostering the exchange of expertise
- Helping to get into contact at the international level and to exchange information
- Discussing implementation strategies
- Developing and disseminating recommendations for practice, politics, administration and research in the field of crime prevention